[3830] KsQP K0L(KC0DEB) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 28 17:32:14 EDT 2016

Kansas QSO Party

Call: K0L
Operator(s): KC0DEB
Station: K0L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WYA - KS
Operating Time (hrs): 14:46

   80:
   40:          81
   20:   1     304     22
----------------------------
Total:   1     385     22  Mults = 58  Total Score = 48,662

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

I think there will be plenty of comments on the band conditions..no need to add
my griping to that, right?
On Saturday evening , about an hour before the end, some very tiny
thunderstorms popped up, and started to "train"  right
overhead....they were small, but packed a punch with plenty of lightning.
Needless to say, that was enough to pull the plug for the night.  I was not
really happy with that, as my QSO count was lagging behind last years number...
But hey, what can you do?
Sunday started off great, but about halfway the bands went dead...  The noise
level went way up, and nothing much was heard... I even checked the JT65 &
PSK31 frequencies, and they were dead as well....
Luckily it did not last long, dunno what that was all about.
I enjoyed working as KØL again this year, and look forward to the 2017
edition.

WØBH Bob, thank you very much for organizing and putting on this mighty fine
show again!

TU to all who gave me a call this weekend, it sure was a lot of fun!

73,  John KCØDEB/KØL - Wyandotte Cty KS

PS
This edition of the KSQP will be a memorable one to me, as this was the very
1st time I was able to work WAS in a contest!  I owe a big TU to NØJE, who
gave me ND  less than 2 minutes before the end !