[3830] KsQP W0E/M(KI0I) Mobile SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 28 19:45:01 EDT 2016

Kansas QSO Party

Call: W0E/M
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: W0E

Class: Mobile SO CW LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 13:00

----------------------------
Total:  807     0       0  Mults = 47  Total Score = 113,787

What a blast the Kansas qso party! Such a great coordinator in Bob Harder
W0BH.!
I teamed up with two different friends ,one each day.Saturday I joined up with
Dave , W0DR and we drove his lil pickup to Joplin and had some hamfest fun.
Then some human fuel at Crackerbarrel and a search for a voltage inverter to
power a laptop. We tried one Dave had and it made so much RFI it was hopeless!
A unit found at Walmart turned out to be a winner with NO noise hrd on the 4
bands we tried. EXCELLENT!! The device is a 140w Schumacher brand for 20 bux.
So with all parts needed to operate we finally made a start on 20m at 1821z.
First QSO , N6MU,John ! I see John has swept the counties again this year!
Great job John! Congrats!
Things seemed a little slow getting started late SAT. but some good runs came
along at times. No Q's on 15m . 20m was fair and 40m was good in the evening
but with qrm from OHIO QP going on also.
We had a lil intermittent swr spikes on Daves antenna system but it didn't fail
us !
Sunday I picked up Slim WA0BGV  on the way to MIAmi county in my police
interceptor. We motored down to Montgomery county and circled back to end the
day at MIAmi where we began. 20m was in pretty good shape and 40 was surprising
early with many callers. A few times it sounded like 20 was going to open good
to EU but it was only spotty .
I hope a good time was had by all and thanks to all who tried hard to get a lil
ole mobile in the log.
I hope to be back in the fray next year running mobile.
73 All KI0I aka W0E/m