[3830] CQWW CW P40C(KU1CW) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Dec 2 17:50:02 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: P40C
Operator(s): KU1CW
Station: P40C

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Aruba

  160:   40     9       17
   80:  363    19       73
   40: 1967    29      109
   20: 1797    30       96
   15: 1339    26       73
   10:  361    14       19

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Few unfixable issues with antennas and S-5 noise in US direction had serious
negative impact on the final result.
 Second radio was operated almost exclusively on multiband (40-10) fan Dipolio
I hang with help of John, P40W, two days before the contest. This simple
antenna saved the day... but not all of it. Too bad there are no check box for
"some SO2R" :)
 Biggest rainfall that locals can remember has flooded downtown Oranjestad and
many other areas for a couple of days.
 Nevertheless I have managed to have some fun in the shack and at the ocean!
 We had very nice Thanksgiving dinner with few Aruban hams (P43A, P43C, P43L,
P49Y, P40W, P40C) and interesting tour with P43A/P43C after the contest. Thanks
to Andy, P49Y for arranging the dinner.
 Thanks to John, P40W for help with dipoles and Paul, K9PG, for on air testing
of the antennas.

Thanks for the all QSO’s and CU again!
Alex P40C (DL/KU1CW)