[3830] CQWW CW K1SX SOSB(A)/80 QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Dec 3 15:17:14 EST 2016

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1SX
Operator(s): K1SX
Station: K1SX

Class: SOSB(A)/80 QRP
QTH: MA

   80:  45     10       22
Total:  45     10       32  Total Score = 3,392

80 was a tough slog.  Conditions were really below the threshold for QRP and I
was heard in Europe by only a few.  I seemed to be hearing just fine, which
made it worse really.   It wasn't just qrp'ers--I listened to many loud and
frustrated callers on this side.  (see comments of K9CT!)  But how to explain
the easy q's with KH6J and KH6LC?   Thanks all for your patience.

Equipment:  Genesis G11 SDR, 135' cf doublet at 50', and 1/4 wl tree hung
vertical with 16 1/4 wl radials; the vertical, put up a few days before, was
sometimes equal but never superior to the doublet.