[3830] ARRL 160 NX5M Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 01:24:04 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

Total:  QSOs = 275  Sections = 71  Countries = 6  Total Score = 44,429

Friday afternoon decided to hang a 160 vee from the 10m tower just to get on the
air and make a few contacts.  Brutal not having any receive antennas up yet.
Tried running a little but it's just too hard to hear without proper ears.
Sorry for those who were calling....I simply could not hear you through crashes
as high as 20/9.  Storms in the area also made it rather difficult as well.  Ran
low power based on my philosophy that it does no good to be loud if you can't
hear the stations calling you.  So why reach out and touch someone if they
cannot touch you back! -Bob
A bit surprised to work as many sections as I did with what I was using.
I have had enough for now!