[3830] ARRL 160 HP1XT SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 09:59:53 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: HP1XT
Operator(s): HP1XT
Station: HP1XT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Panama

Total:  QSOs = 29  Sections = 19  Countries = 2  Total Score = 1,064

First time from HP;using 37m long wire hanging out of window on 24th floor of
apt. Interesting that loud stations would CQ in my face whereas barely readable
guys would get my call correct the first time and complete the Q.

Only first night of operating as 'floating' insulator at end of EFLW got hung
up on side of the building's balcony on 12th floor apt.  Wind shift from E to
NW blew antenna around the corner of bldg. Luckily, I now have new friends as
introduced myself, friendly,short conversation and OM and I disengaged end from
between 1" pipe and balcony rail. His XYL stated she had seen the wire in
the past and thought someone was spying on them....ha ha...gulp!
Discretion being better part of .....decided to not put antenna out for 2nd
night.