[3830] ARRL 160 K3STX SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 10:58:21 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC

Total:  QSOs = 640  Sections = 69  Countries = 14  Total Score = 112,880

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I just fixed my Pennant RX antenna the day of the contest and worked my first
two European stations within 45 minutes of the opening bell, but that was about
all the Europe I would hear all weekend long! I wonder if the Pennant broke,
gotta investigate. Had a great first night (for me) with 425 Q before bedtime,
but then spent most of the rest of the contest looking for the DX that I just
could not hear (I am in this to work DX, I'm not gonna win anything!) so my
score suffered.

I think I have some real work on my RX antennas before the CQ160. Might even
get a legal limit amp for Christmas!!

paul
TS-590S, 400 watts, inverted L about 70' vertical