[3830] 10RTTY N1IXF Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 14:47:08 EST 2016

Ten-Meter RTTY Contest

Call: N1IXF
Operator(s): N1IXF
Station: N1IXF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 3:45

Total:  QSOs = 32  State/Prov = 13  Countries = 4  Total Score = 544

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

To paraphrase, "There were no Meters on Ten Meters!"

Tough going and I exercised my 100W RF transistors by calling for hours into a
dead band.

Highlight was having VP8NO call me with a solid signal @ 10am EST, he was my
7th Q and the first beyond the limits of ground wave/back scatter.  I thought
things might be looking up but no way.

Finally I was spotted by KO7SS RTTY skimmer @ 1603 UTC with a whopping 13dB
signal only to have it drop to 7dB in 20 minutes. At 1940 UTC, I decided that
I'd had enough punishment and stopped to bring in the Christmas tree and put
the lights on it.

Many thanks to those of you who got on and worked me in the face of these
condx.

I can't imagine the ARRL 10 Meter Contest will be much better, so I may have to
rearrange my plans for that weekend and find something else to do.

73, Rich N1IXF

For this contest:  FT1000MP/ 3el SteppIr/ Homebrew FSK interface/ N1MM Logger+
with MMTTY and 2Tone Rcv windows