[3830] ARRL 160 WX4G Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 15:04:26 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WX4G
Operator(s): WX4G
Station: WX4G

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WCF

Total:  QSOs = 954  Sections = 75  Countries = 47  Total Score = 262,788

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Quite a contest!!  Everything went ok until Saturday night...really bad
thunderstorm static crashes in the Gulf of Mexico.  So almost quit..but then
calling CQ at 1832...and started working Europe...really a great run...but
would have been so much better without the static crashes!!  Thanks to ALL the
European stations that gave their calls over and over until I finally got the
whole call. Amazing # of California and #7 stations!!  Really lucky on Sunday
morning to hear N6WM give EB...my last Cal Section!! Right down from him was
VO1HP which gave me all Canada but Yukon.  Only missed Wyoming in US...where
was Wyoming??

Never heard any JA's...or much in the Pacific other than KH6LC, KH6DX and
V73NS.  however...it is very difficult to hear Asia/Pacific in Florida during a
contest with 40 over 9 stations.

My best 160 score EVER.

Thanks to all that called!!

Bob  WX4G