[3830] ARRL 160 NE9U SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 20:24:12 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: wi
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1132  Sections = 83  Countries = 19  Total Score = 232,458

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was a portable operation from my up Nort Florence County cabin.

Installed a short 30 foot inverted L and a K9AY loop.  I hear pretty well.
Still tough working any DX.

This year hauled my K3 and KPA500 500 watts anp with me.  Not sure it helped or
not...maybe a bit on the few European DX I heard.

Some year I'm gonna try a baloon on the lake!  Pretty thin ice right
now...probably safer for CQ160 contest!  Or in the ice age coming in 2030!

Scott  NE9U

Equipment:

K3
KPA500