[3830] ARRL 160 W0AIH(K0TG) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 4 21:55:00 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WI

Total:  QSOs = 1333  Sections = 83  Countries = 36  Total Score = 341,173

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

the first night was disappointing in that there was not much of an opening to
EU. Just EA6 and a DL.  Not having much in the way of DX to chase meant I could
focus on QSO's.  I spent 6 hours straight in the chair just sitting on the same
freq taking all comers!

At halftime I had 911 QSOs 81 sections and 10 DXCC.

In the multiplier department...  Clean sweep of the Section mults.  Paul thinks
that is the first time.  The remote operation capability of NT and rare
locations like that helps. WTX took the longest time to fall. I am pretty sure
I only worked one WTX station.  There was a lot of activity from OK, ND and SD
this year.

DX Worked (36): V7, FS, TI, V3, VP5, EX, ZF, CX, HC, HK, OA, PJ2, PJ4, YV, CT,
DL, EA, EA6, EI, F, G, GM, GW, HB, I, LA, OH, OK, OM, ON, PA, SM, SP, SV, UR,
YL,

I was not able to stay on until Sunday AM for a possible JA opening.  I had to
QRT early (1000Z) due to an event back home I had to go to.  So needed to sleep
for the two hour drive home in the AM.  I was hoping that there would be an
early JA opening.  I saw some spotted, but never heard them.  It seemed
promising when I shut down.  But as a consolation prize I was able to grab V73
and FS just before shutting down.

Thanks to Paul for the use of his station and letting me play with the big
iron.

http://www.qth.com/w0aih/

73, John  K0TG