[3830] ARRL 160 KV4FZ Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 5 07:07:38 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: U.S. Virgin Islands

Total:  QSOs = 756  Sections = 81  Countries = 37  Total Score = 210,276

This contest is a bummer by putting the offshore U.S. Territories as domestic
contacts. It puts us at a distinct disadvantage by not including them as a DX
QSO.  For example VP2V only a few miles away gets 5 points for each U.S.
contact while we get only 2 points. The ZF9 station racks up 5 points as he
runs U.S. station by the hundreds. There is absolutely no way the U.S.
Territories can every be competitive unless there is a rule change. Please
someone explain why we are not considered DX just like in the ARRL 10 meter
contest?  The abnormality must be corrected to really have a fairer contest.
Don't you agree?