[3830] ARRL 160 N4WW SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Dec 6 19:15:40 EST 2016

ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): N4WW
Station: N4WW

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: apopka,fl

Total:  QSOs = 583  Sections = 78  Countries = 29  Total Score = 135,680

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Like a moth to light. I continue to get into this contest after years of
   ignoring it mainly because no dx to dx qso points makes for minimal dx
   activity.
   Forgot the time it started as usual and finally on the air at 0000z. I knew
   Saturday night was mostly wasted as big birthday party out to a restaurant.
   Noticed immediately good Florida activity with my friends k9om, n4tb and
   wx4g  hard at it running their cq machines. And the lessor known to me
   n2cei/k0di with his always impressive cq machine and great scores usually
   multi-op. After years of trying to improve 160 antennas I am always amazed
   how poorly I get answers to CQ's. I had a few answers at beginning but then
   20  cq's one answer 20 cq's one answer. It just gets old cqing with no
   answers. It may take only 2 minutes or so to cq and theoretically a rate of
   plus 30 with bumps to 60 an hour are probable but I just get bored.
Assisted
   category and the great n1mm software make it too easy to skip around and
   work the band.
   Congrats to nice score from Bob wx4g hard to imagine he and Dick hear
europe
   so well especially from west coast of Florida. And Dick k9om is hard to
beat
   on 160, he must live close to inland waterway to do so well. My ground is
10
   to 20 feet of sugar sand before moisture in soil. Good for orange trees but
   not 160 verticals.