[3830] CWopsT N4FP QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Dec 7 23:14:48 EST 2016

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Dec 8

Call: N4FP
Operator(s): N4FP
Station: N4FP

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Belleview, FL

Total:  37  Mults = 37  Total Score = 1,369

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Great conditions on 40.  First time trying QRP.  I was checking my keyer before
start with power set to 0 on TS-440SAT and someone heard me, so I decided to
try low power, set rig to 5 watts and had great results.  Worked California,
Italy, Germany.  Only had 2 stations that never heard me.  Put a wattmeter in
the line and verified 5 watts.  Checked the output with power set to 0 and it
showed 800 mw.  It might be fun to try a QRP only CWT sometime. Will be moving
back to repaired home in Ocala next week and only have 40 meter dipole at 40
feet left here.