[3830] ARRL 10 K9YC SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 12 01:13:40 EST 2016

ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: SCV

   CW:  551    74
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  551    74  Total Score = 163,096

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Ten meters is getting pretty close to what it was when I moved here 10 years ago
-- it's possible to have some fun, but you've got to be there when it happens,
and if you miss one of the few good openings, you might as well have not turned
your radio on all weekend. This year, the opening that made the event was
Saturday morning, but some mults came only in a weak opening Friday evening
after dinner, Caribbean mults mostly Sunday morning. XE activity seemed down,
but I managed to work 44 states and half of the VE provinces. Among the missing
were DE (N3DXX was on, but not when the band was open between us), WY, NE, IA,
ND, SD, MO, all of Canada E of VE3, and NT. K3PA called me this afternoon with
a signal just above vapor to give me KS. W3DQ contributed DC.

No EU, AF, or AS.

Thanks for all the Qs.

73, Jim K9YC