[3830] TBDC W7RH Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 18 11:51:45 EST 2016

Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W7RH
Operator(s): W7RH
Station: W7RH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 211  Total Score = 1,481

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This was the third contest operating using my private remote. Band conditions
were very disturbed with not much to get excited about. Asia was weak, no UA0,
no SA and no VK. The highlight was a brief opening to Europe to work HA4XH and
SP5DX in what appeared to be a spotlight opening. They had few if any callers.
This was the first time I heard good signals form Europe this season do to work
schedules.

With my 11 year remote project complete I'm still getting used to operating
from home. No mud, no snow and a nice warm bed not to mention hot meals. The
new data link installed works flawlessly. Now I need to work on scripts for
antenna direction change to speed up the process. The current set up takes
several seconds to switch from JA to NE or East for those weak early morning
contacts. I'm also a bit rusty at times. So excuse my dirty paddle
contacts....

multi-op category out west this year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Bob, W7RH