[3830] RAC Winter AC0MN(W6NF) M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 18 22:30:18 EST 2016

RAC Winter Contest

Call: AC0MN
Operator(s): W6NF
Station: AC0MN

Class: M/S LP
QTH: MN

  160:    7      0       2         0
   80:    2      0       2         0
   40:   14      0       6         0
   20:   17     16       6         4
Total:   40     16      16         4  Total Score = 13,200

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Friday night was very difficult. It was astonishing to find 160 was the best
band. 40 was better early Saturday morning and 20 opened early, providing some
nice Qs and mults. Thanks, again, to the VY1AAA crew for the Q/mult. I heard
VE4GV only on backscatter on 20 and had no way to work him through the pileup.
With the severe downturn in the solar cycle, 160 is going to be a big player in
contests where it is used. Friday night, in the RAC, and Saturday night/Sunday
morning, in the Stew Perry, verified that for me.

Jack, W6NF/VE4SNA (op for AC0MN)