[3830] TBDC AE0EE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 19 16:44:19 EST 2016

Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN34

Total:  QSOs = 288  Total Score = 1,353

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W, dipole at 30', keyed exclusively on a Vibroplex bug.

Despite recent meteorological events detuning my top band antenna, which was
tuned over bare ground and not 15-30 cm of snow, I had a pretty good contest.
There seemed to be less participation than in the 160 contest, which meant I
could do a bit more running lower in the band.  Being able to run essential for
me on 160 m when my antenna isn't happy---retuning every 10 kHz is no fun.

While I probably missed a one-night WAS, I did manage to get KL7 (barely!), KP2
(barely and for a new band!), and was nearly knocked out of my chair with
surprise when KH6 called me at my sunrise on Sunday (easily readable) for the
best DX of my log.

Thanks for the contacts!