[3830] ARRL Jan VHF AE0EE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 1 00:09:27 EST 2016

                    ARRL January VHF Contest

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN34

    6:   4     2
    2:   3     1
  222:
  432:   2     1
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:   9     4  Total Score = 44

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

100 W SSB to a 6 m Moxon at 10' (still 20' below roofline in the urban canyon),
5 W FM to handheld yagi (3-el on 146, 7-el on 446).

Only on Sunday afternoon for a little while then Sunday evening.  Made 5 QSOs
on FM during the 4:00-4:30 focus time.  On 6 m, the noise floor was very high
(some sort of nearby QRM).  I listened for some of the meteor scatter and ISCAT
QSOs happening around me, but heard nothing but noise.  SSB yielded a few QSOs
in EN34 and EN35.  Best DX was K0SIX at 60 km.

Comparison with last year:
Up: score, QSOs, bands
Down: 6 m QSOs

Thanks for the QSOs!