[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W3IP Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 1 09:31:30 EST 2016

                    ARRL January VHF Contest

Call: W3IP
Operator(s): W3IP
Station: W3IP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Va
Operating Time (hrs): 20.4
Remote Operation

  903:   14     9
  1.2:   23     9
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  448   119  Total Score = 83,062

Propagation and activity on 2 meters and above was generally above average
during the contest. The number of stations I worked in FN20 (122 to 241 miles
away) on 2 meters jumped from 8 last year to 25 this year. There were good
openings to my northwest as far as EN61 (485 miles) and north to FN25 (468
miles). 6 meters had about average ground wave and tropo, poor scatter, and no
e-skip. Activity was up on 903 and 1296, best DX on 903 and 1296 was to FN31
(291 miles). Fortunately, no equipment broke during the contest! The chat rooms
and packet clusters were definite pluses that kept interest and activity up.

Thanks to all the rovers that braved the elements!