[3830] CQ160 CW HG8DX(@HA8DZ) Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 1 15:16:05 EST 2016

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: HG8DX
Operator(s): HA8DJ HA8DU HA8DZ HA8EK HA8FM HA8JV HA8KW HA8RT
Station: HA8DZ

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: nr. Szeged
Operating Time (hrs): 36:40

Total:  QSOs = 1678  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 87  Total Score = 1,330,377

We're glad to improve our claimed score by almost 300k points compared to the
last year's result. We’re really looking forward to seeing the final results.

This year we had 406 stations outside EU. Propagation was better to JA but US
so we couldn’t even manage to get to the west coast, only AZ. Conditions
weren’t on peak but we can expect lower solar flux for the next years so who
knows…
We had some problems with stations asking nothing before sending CQ on a freq
we had been for a long time.

Station setup:
2x Icom IC-781 + PA
1/4 wl vertical with some kilometres of radial wires (it was a real challenge
to put them out :) )
Beverages into 7 directions

See you all in the SSB leg!
73 de HG8DX Team