[3830] CQ160 CW K3CCR Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 3 22:48:11 EST 2016

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MD

Total:  QSOs = 450  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 30  Total Score = 101,120

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. For
the 2016 CQ WW 160 CW available ops were N3UM and W3GB. We
each were on air for one of the two EU sunrises, and we both
slept in for the EST sunrises. Rates were good in the first
2 hr., 22-00 Z: 146 Qs and 31 states and provinces. Slower
00-02 Z: 84 Qs and 19 mults.  Condx to EU were fairly good:
first EU, CR2X at 2303, then CS2C at 0027, and 9 more EUs
plus some NA and SA before QRT at 0625 with 47 states and
VE provinces and 20 countries.  Sat. 2nd night, 86 Qs in the
first 1.5 hrs.  Then we focused on mults, finding 9 more EU
countries and our last 3 states: OK at 0331, MT at 0538, and
ID for the last QSO at 0704. Got a total 42 contig. states,
+ DC and 7 VE provinces. Seemed like a black hole to the NW:
we never heard ND, SD, OR, WA, WY, or BC.  Also missed NV,
LB, NF, NS, and the NT provinces.  Our new top-wire-loaded
T vertical worked well.  We will be back for CQ 160 SSB.