[3830] ARRL Jan VHF K5TR Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 6 12:59:47 EST 2016

                    ARRL January VHF Contest

Call: K5TR
Operator(s): K5TR
Station: K5TR

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EM00uf
Operating Time (hrs):

  903:    6     4
  1.2:   15     9
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:    8     5
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  365   163  Total Score = 86,390

First time to do the June contest in a long time - but it turned out to be a
pretty good year.  Sara did all of the operating on 6 meters and I took all the
high bands. Sara did a great job on a very tough band but she did get some long
haul contacts via tropo to the east. The tropo to the east on Saturday night
and Sunday morning was good and provided some excitement.  Working out past
1000 miles on 144, 222, 432 and 1296.  That was great fun.  K5GJ/R was a great
source of local activity and provided me with a few all time new grids on 10
Ghz.  This was also my first efforts on 902 mhz - the band worked but signals
were not very good - so I think a bit more work needs to be done.

Thanks for all the contacts.