[3830] NA Sprint CW K5YAA HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Feb 6 23:16:57 EST 2016

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OK

   80:  116     1.5
   40:   98     1.5
   20:   58     1.0
---------------------

Team: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

Worn out from Doctor procedures this past week so got a slow start and continued
limping along for the whole 4 hours. One small break in between.

Another "EXCUSE" I have never used N1MM in the Sprint. I had
considerable fumbling going on when I called a guy, got the frequency then had
callers. I put in the call but things were still in S&P which sent part of
the last QSO. Hurriedly I punched the RUN circle and answered but a number of
folks left before I could get my hand and mouse action coordinated. Never got
any good at that and in the middle of a Sprint (especially) it ain't time to be
figuring out how to use N1MM correctly in a barn burning down type of contest. I
am OK with my score but could have maybe reached 300 if I had the
"muscle".

Thanks to all the strokers out there who kept the pace high and provided this
sickly fellow some fun. I am hopeful this score will help out them old Texas
boys in the DFW Group/Team. 80 meters was very nice and quiet. 40 got long
quick and 20 was long at the start. I think I managed the bands OK and did do
my best to use both radios although I tired of using both arms! I'll get better
in the next few weeks.

Thanks much to the team who keeps the Sprint visible and humming. I have no
doubt N6TR and even N5KO are among those folks. It was nice to log both fellows
more than once.

73, Jerry K5YAA
Rig: Dual K23s, Alpha 9500 Amps and 6el 20, 3el 40 and a 80 meter Vee.