[3830] NA Sprint CW K5MXG HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 8 20:42:41 EST 2016

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K5MXG
Operator(s): K5MXG
Station: K5MXG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs):

---------------------
Total:  35     Mults = 17  Total Score = 595

Club:

Team: 21WPM LIDS

Comments:

I'm still new to CW and while I knew the sprint would be tough for me, I figured
I'd give it a try anyway. My Elmer has always told me to send at a speed I'm
comfortable with and if someone wants my qso, they'll slow down. I would
imagine that during most contests, he's right. I can copy cw, but 20 wpm is
about my max. I have a code reader, but it's really a hindrance to learning and
I'd like to get away from that. And while someone might read this and think
"just practice more", I know for a fact that the only way to really
get better is to put it to use during a contest.

Anyway.. to those of you who did slow down to the speed I was sending at..
THANK YOU. I know you may have lost an extra qso for it, but I appreciate the
effort on your part. I gave up after 1.5 hours simply because it was just
frustrating to go 5 minutes in between contacts.

I don't want to be some no-code geek.. and I won't be. But man, it sure would
be nice to be able to play along in a contest without feeling like I'm the ugly
wallflower at some junior high dance that nobody wants to give a second look to
simply because I can't send or copy code at warp speed.