[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K4BAI LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Feb 19 01:03:43 EST 2016

NCCC Sprint Ladder - Feb 19

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA

  160:   1      1
   80:  14     12
   40:  24     15
   20:   8      6
Total:  47     34  Total Score = 1,598

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, tee vertical.  Again, 20M band seemed dead
until about 0228Z, but was then alive with signals from CO west.  40M sounded
great and I did well at the start and seemed to be right up there with the QSO
# leaders until suddenly no one was answering or calling. Then I figured out
that I had accidentally switched from the beam to the zepp (tuned for 80M) when
I went to 40.  I think I hit the tuner button and the zepp worked well for the
first few QSOs and then lost the resonant point.  When I changed to the 40M
dipole, everything was good again, but I had lost time and points.  80M was
good to the whole country, but 160 wasn't very good tonight.  One QSO with N3QE
and couldn't raise anyone else in the last two minutes. Seemed the four-land
stations had not changed to 160M at the end.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Hope
everyone has fun in ARRL DX CW this weekend.  73, John, K4BAI.