[3830] ARRLDX CW K0MD SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 19:10:53 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0MD
Operator(s): K0MD
Station: K0MD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MN

Total:  350   225  Total Score = 236,250

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I had to stay in Minnesota for this contest instead of traveling to Vp5 as VP5S.
Family matters kept me close to home. I operated extremely part time on Saturday
and for 1-2 hours on Sunday.

Band conditions exceeded my expectations.

My new antenna system performed flawlessly - the 80 meter 4 SQR had perfect SWR
across the entire CW band.
The 40 yagi was amazing.
The 10-20 stack was worth the $$ I spent upgrading it.

I look forward to doing a FT effort later in the year.

My 7800 was limited by its DR-3 in this contest, given the gain of my yagi
system and the signals in close proximity. Time for an upgrade.

It was a pleasure to work so many friends on the contest who I usually miss:
W6PH, VP5K, CE2MVF, PJ6A.

There should be some great scores from this contest.