[3830] ARRLDX CW K1RX SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 20:08:36 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: New Hampshire

   40:  785   101
   20: 1226   105
   15: 1089   110
Total: 3605   489  Total Score = 5,288,535

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

After rebuilding the shack (ripped out the 4 stations and the M/M operation
during the holidays), I found the new configuration very comfortable.  The plan
was to have a second radio but it is in the shop, so ran one radio (K3).  SO1R
Assisted category.

I really enjoyed using some features I seldom use in MM operation (N1MM+)and
found things ran pretty well. Did have a weird situation where calls entered
just disappeared from the log yet re-entering the info yielded a DUPE notice
(good) but where the calls went to is still a question.  Perhaps they will
re-appear in the Cabrillo file.  First time using a skimmer and found that
pretty cool. As far as accuracy, I thought is was pretty good.

Conditions during the first 24 hours were absolutely terrible.  I have never
seen such high A and K indices from WWV.  Killed all the bands and of course no
hope for 10 M (then) but things slowly improved until 24Z Sunday night - a
little late for the contest of course!  But it is, what it is.

Got plenty of sleep given the poor conditions.

Thanks to all that called in, have some amazing rates for this ole guy.

73, Mark, K1RX