[3830] ARRLDX CW N1IK SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 20:23:56 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1IK
Operator(s): N1IK
Station: N1IK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MA

   10:    6     6
-------------------
Total:  620   269  Total Score = 500,340

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My second CW contest, and first real effort, since 2004-2005. I had a terrific
time, actually. I spent a lot of time in the seat this time, but my numbers are
pretty low compared to others. I can't run CW, so it's all S&P, and I have
to listen A LOT to validate callsigns / powers and get things right. I'm still
not a decent CW op. Perhaps I'll never be, but do I love doing it!

K3S / ACOM 1500 worked flawlessly. I am super impressed with that radio. It
essentially disappeared and just worked. A+.

All I have is crappy wires on a 28' pole and a few GAP verticals this year.
That' plus my skills meant I had to work extra hard just to great 500Qs.