[3830] ARRLDX CW W4AAW M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 20:55:55 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4AAW
Operator(s): KU1CW W4TMO KJ0D K3TN W3UL K6CT K4XD W4AAW
Station: W4AAW

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

   40:  926   138
   20: 1135   117
   15: 1144   118
Total: 3718   559  Total Score = 6,225,024

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was another Totally Remote operation.  No QS0s were made from the W4AAW
shack.  Special thanks to Alex, KU1CW who got set up to join us during the
first hour of the contest! He quickly mastered the art of remote contesting
from 2,600 miles away.

Operator positions:

OREGON: KU1CW
MISSOURI: KJ0D
REPUBLIC OF PANAMA:  HP/K6CT
MARYLAND: K3TN, W3UL
NORTH CAROLINA: K4XD, W4TMO
VIRGINIA: W4AAW

We still are dealing with harmonic interference issues.  Mercifully, absolutely
no electric power line noise this time. Our Internet connection was superb.  No
one reported latency problems.  Eric, KJ0D, turned in a 240 QSO hour over the
Internet from Kansas City.  If anyone tells you remote contesting has to be
klunky, just smile.

Many thanks for all the Qs and Mults.  Despite mediocre conditions, we all had
a great time!

See our web site at: http://www.remotecontesting.com