[3830] ARRLDX CW N6WM(@N6RO) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 21:02:47 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM N6BV N6RO K3EST WA6O WX5S NA6O N6NU
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Oakley CA
Remote Operation

   20: 1018   122
   15:  923   113
Total: 3230   445  Total Score = 4,282,680

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was an interesting outing with multiple new things tried.  New operating
methodology(1 op remote), some new hardware(flex 6700/Maestro) and some new
operators.  All worked out remarkably well.  We welcomed 2 new members to the
Radio Oakley team and both new to Multi-Multi Contesting but you would never
know it by their commitment, BIC and operating skill that was best in class.
Gary NA6O and Andreas N6NU both did fantastic and have been duly indoctrinated
to "Iron Man" W6 contesting Multi-Multi style.

Over the last several months, we have installed 2 Remote operating positions.
I am pleased to announce that N6BV operated his shifts completely remote,
freeing Dean from driving the large distance from SF. we never saw him all
weekend.  He reported it was a smashing success, watching his JA runs confirmed
it.

Conditions could have been better, but participation seemed fairly good and
overall we had a great time and worked alot of DX!  Our 160 numbers were low
due to an RFI problem in proximity to the station that resulted in up to S9
noise at times including the listening antenna that was pretty much a non
starter but we did what we could.  We will likely switch back to our beverage
system in the future.  Bob K3EST(20) and Mike WA6O(40) were complete owners of
their band positions for the duration and produced their usual magic. This is a
team of amazing operators and the station was well staffed throughout.  Contest
Chili provided by N6RO as a bonus.

10M NA6O, N6NU, WX5S (gap coverage by N6WM and N6RO)
15M N6WM on site (all EU/AF/some Asia Pac AM-early PM) N6BV (Early
Afternoon-close Asia Pac/OC 100% remote)
20M K3EST (another Iron Man K3EST effort)
40M WA6O (ditto for Mike.. Iron Man!)N6RO gap coverage
80M NA6O/WX5S
160M WX5S, N6RO, N6WM, and the noise gremlin.

An honor to have a team of this caliber operating under my call.  'Nuff said.

6 station active
STN 10/80/160 gap K3s SO2R ACOM/Alpha's
STN 2 40 K3 Alpha
STN 3 20 K3 Alpha
STN 4 15 asia pac K3/0 > Remote Rig > K3 > AL-1200 (virtual N6BV)
STN 5 160 K3 > Alpha
STN 6 15 EU/AF Flex Signature 6700 w Maestro and K6TU control via Ipad(great
testing new radio tech!) > AL-1200

N6RO mega arrays
Triple stacks on 10/15/20
4 X 4 on 40
4 Sq and 2L quads on 80
4 Sq and SAL on 160

Humbled and grateful to be a small part of such and amazing contesting group.
Thanks Ken N6RO for your wisdom, guidance and station.  Thanks to the entire
team above for their amazing work and great camaraderie.

73 and seeya next time!
Chris
N6WM