[3830] ARRLDX CW VE7UF(VE7JH) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 21:42:45 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total: 1046   293  Total Score = 886,941

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to VE7UF for letting me use his station again this year. Had some
computer issues but I did not break it, I just made it worse, HI.
Boy, running low power and no assistance sure makes for a different experience.
My hands are sore from turning the big knob and typing the callsigns onto the
bandmap so I can go back and work the multipliers when it's "my
turn". Low power from Zone 3 sure makes for a long queue for those EU
mults.
Great activity from Japan, even mustered a few nice runs on 15m. Seems like
every Caribbean island had a station on it, and South America was well
represented too.
Great LP opening to Europe on 40m  on day 1, those  taking part were able to
find pretty much all the Western multipliers.
Missed six hours of daylight operating on Saturday due to QRL but Sunday was
pretty decent to Europe considering the sub-100 SFI.
Thanks to all who heard me and to those that tried.
73,
Gabor, VE7JH