[3830] ARRLDX CW W4LT SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 21 22:23:08 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4LT
Operator(s): W4LT
Station: W4LT

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WCF

  160:    0     0
   80:   10     9
Total:  528   227  Total Score = 358,206

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Elecraft K-Line at 500w
Cushcraft A3s at 40ft, 2 Half Waves in phase at 38ft, MonoGAP40 at 6 inches

Wife's college roommate came to town. Girls day out on Saturday, so I operated
while wife was gone.  Sporadic Friday night operation and very little Sunday as
we went to visit my mom at her ALS.

Fun while it lasted.  Mega work on the cluster S&P'ing for mults. Tried to
be "fast" on CW... Best speed yet. Those 10 80m QSO's were rather
painful, but you gotta be there to work TI and ZF.

A ZL and several VK's surprised the hell out of me while beaming EU on a run
long path.  Gotta love propagation.  Fun JA S&P on Saturday afternoon!

Conditions were so so, but good enough.

See you more seriously in SSB if I can get away with it.  -LT