[3830] ARRLDX CW W4PK SOSB/80 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 11:08:21 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: VA

Total:  216    64  Total Score = 40,704

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had the usual ionosphere sounder "braaap-braaap-braaap" from Wallops
Island, VA this year which caused me to ask for repeats more often than normal.
Also there was a little bit of QRN .

I had no problem copying the usual "big stations" in Europe but I
struggled with many of the 100W stations, especially those from northern
Europe.  Signals from the Caribbean and South America were also down this
year.

I use a 4-square running a KW and occasionally I could tell that someone was
calling me way down in the noise but I just could not copy.  On the other hand,
there were a few Europeans that were perfect copy but kept CQing after I called
them.

It was slow going after the first night as it seems I had already worked every
one.  I didn't try to get up early either morning as I had other daytime
commitments.

Thanks for all the Q's!

73, Sam W4PK