[3830] ARRLDX CW HC2AO SOSB/160 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 11:41:03 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: HC2AO
Operator(s): HC2AO
Station: HC2AO

Class: SOSB/160 LP
QTH: DX

Total:  240    47  Total Score = 33,840

The goal was to beat my best score. That was achieved easily. Conditions were
worse than on weekdays prior to the contest. Signals weaker and more distorted.
Very few West Coast, no VE6, VE5, VE4, VO1. Yet, I was only running, 100% cq.

Amazingly strong low power signals from YV1KK (both RBN and my ears).
Comparable if not better than High Power YV1DIG. Beware, Paolo, you've got a
competitor.

On Sunday I felt like it was not enough and ran on 80-40-20-15-10 just for
fun.
Caller's  behaviour on 20 and 15 meter was really upsetting. People, listen! A
lot of code readers.

Thanks for fun!
Alex
HC2AO

FT1000mp 23 meter high top loaded vertical with 40 radials near the ocean