[3830] ARRLDX CW K2PS SOSB/10 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 17:10:24 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K2PS
Operator(s): K2PS
Station: K2PS

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: FL

Total:  163    60  Total Score = 29,160

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

That was a tough grind.  If I can't work EU I'm not a happy camper.  I guess I
hoped we could get one more solar flux pop before the cycle ends for 10 meters.
 But it wasn't to be.

Did work a few Europeans, though.  The band opened around 915A local time to EA
and CT, but it was only at EU grayline that I could pick up a couple of
northerners.  When the South Americans boom in early, you just know it won't be
a good day.  Nothing wrong with SA, but there just aren't enough of them.
Sunday was somewhat better, but I had to hang around until 1030A before it
finally opened to central Europe.  Had about 2 hours of joy, then back to the
grind.

No JA or other Asians, a few Africans, and KH6, ZL and V6 were worked.

Most of the time, although I was entering single band 10, where I had erected
my 4 element 10M yagi, I just had to relieve the boredom and go to 40 and 15
where I was even able to run a bit on my low 40M inverted vee.

I think I'll just put up the yagi for the ARRL 10M contest from here on in,
until cycle 25 gets going.

73, Pete, K2PS/4