[3830] ARRLDX CW W5RU(@KN5O) M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 22 21:57:50 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): KN5O K1DW NO5W W5RY W5TUF
Station: KN5O

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Covington, LA

   40:  525   101
   20:  837   106
   15: 1088   109
Total: 2882   488  Total Score = 4,197,288

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

We planned a M/2 operation, but when I messed up the band change limits going
between 160 and 80, that put us in the M/M category - not where we wanted to
be..

Well, what a difference a year (and the sun) made. 1000 less Qs on 10M and an
additional 1200+ less Qs on 40/20/15.  Not a good showing at all.  Too much
S&Ping and not enough running.  Moreover, Skip W5GAI, was not able to be
with us, so we suffered a bit on the operator experience compared with last
year.  Jim, W5TUF, joined us for the first time and is interested in
contesting, so hopefully we may grow a new member for our team.

Nonetheless, we gave it our best shot and it is what it is... Overall, no real
problems.. Had one N1MM/computer freeze up about three times - no doubt due to
some RF issues - but not a show stopper.

Thanks to all for the Qs.  We had a good time being together as a group and
enjoying radio and the food.  It was a fun weekend.

73 Ted KN5O (for W5RU - Dallas K1DW, Chuck NO5W, Greg W5RY, Jim W5TUF)