[3830] ARRLDX CW W5JR SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Feb 23 02:35:51 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W5JR
Operator(s): W5JR
Station: W5JR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: GA

Total:  563   270  Total Score = 454,410

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Flex 6300, Alpha 87A, 160 Inv L, 80m OCF

All S&P with a little help from the W4AX skimmer just a few miles away. I
started out unassisted, but that got old real quick.

Pretty surprised at the 15m numbers despite the OCF not being a real antenna
for this band. Loaded it up anyway with the Palstar AT-Auto and 500w from the
Alpha. I really do need to install resonant antenna wires for 20-15-10 (I think
I repeat this phrase every year). The parts are on hand. The 10m dipole I threw
up for the Dec 10m contest worked great for the time I spent on 10. My focus is
on 160 due to wires in the woods only.

Missed most of the Saturday daylight operating time and likely some mults.

Operated with some new accessory hardware for the Flex that arrived just a few
hours before the start. Like drinking from a fire hose.

Last year I operated as KH6RS at Tom/NH6Y's place. What a let down this year
was, hi hi. But I did operate in the CQ 160 from his place as KH6RS in January
of this year, so I don't deserve much sympathy.