[3830] PhFray K4BAI LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 24 08:12:47 EST 2016

Phone Fray - Feb 24

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 0:23

  160:   4      4
   80:   3      3
   40:  10      8
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  17     15  Total Score = 255

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, dipole, zepp, inverted vee.  15M was dead, as usual.  At 0219Z,
I worked Marko, N5ZO on 20M.  His signal was OK, but he said I was weak.  At
0230Z, Marko couldn't hear me and his signal was down to ESP levels.  But,
FR4PJ on Reunion was calling Marko and Marko wasn't hearing him.  So, I gave up
the first seven minutes of the Fray and had a short chat with David, FR4PJ.  On
40M, skip was fairly long, but still worked K7SV in VA.  Otherwise QSOs were
from WI to BC and OK to CA.  Tempting to stay on 40.  80M had high QRN levels
from the storms that passed through here about 0400Z.  Not much territory
available above 3800, didn't want to CQ in the DX window, and heard no activity
and got no answers to CQs below 3790.  160M was quite good as 1875 kHz was
unoccupied when I arrived there and got calls from NY, OH, IN, and NC in the
last few minutes.  Missed the other GA stations if they were QRV. Thanks for
all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.