[3830] ARRLDX CW VO2AC SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 24 22:44:31 EST 2016

ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VO2AC
Operator(s): VO2AC
Station: VO2AC

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:

Total:  505   210  Total Score = 318,150

Club: East Coast Canada Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment: TS-480SAT (100W) and HF-9V (not working on 80m or 160m)

I didn't plan on putting in this much time.  But once I got going, I switched
from just handing out a few QSOs, to seeing if I could make 200 QSOs, to seeing
if I could make 500 QSOs.

I apologize for the erratic CW at times.  Any “large” bandwidth application
(Netflix, FaceTime, etc) on either end of the remote would really mess with the
connection.  I could notice it on the receive side (stuttered / choppy audio)
and would avoid transmitting during those times.  Sometimes it was unavoidable
- someone would start a bandwidth hungry application while I was running or
calling someone while S&Ping.

Since I wasn't in this to make a big score and spent most of the time
S&Ping (only about 45 minutes running and made about 70 QSOs), I agreed to
just about every QSY request, and most of them were successful.  The only ones
I turned down were requests to go to 80m or 160m, where I currently don't have
a working antenna.

I only heard two JA's all weekend, both on 15m at the beginning, but only
managed to work one of them.

10m on Saturday brought the usual opening to SA, Caribbean, EA6/8, CN, D4 etc.
On Sunday I finally managed to work into Western EU, but it was very localised
(G, GM, GW, EI, PA, LX).  I heard others, including a QSY with UA2F, but they
couldn't hear me.

320 unique calls and 23 4-band QSOs.  I'm sure there would have been a few
6-band QSOs if I had an antenna for 80m and 160m.

Thanks for all the QSOs!

73,

Chris VE3FU / VO2AC