[3830] CWopsT K3WW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Feb 24 23:06:43 EST 2016

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Feb 25

Call: K3WW
Operator(s): K3WW
Station: K3WW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: PA

   40:   8     8
Total:   8     8  Total Score = 64

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Severe storm with tornado watch in the region.  Heavy driving rain and lightning
as the CWT approached.  Thought February was too early to worry about an indoor
antenna to keep the CWT streak going.  Strung up my FD 40 meter dipole between
doors in the office, average about 6 feet off the first floor.  Put the K2 on a
battery, get about 7 or 8 watts out.  Worked OK1DIG easily 2 minutes before the
contest but not again.  at 0300 worked AD4EB easily, accidentally worked him
againI had 6 QSOs by 0325 but only 2 more.  F6HKA made it at 0347.for my last
QSO.

I heard a lot of the gang,  I also tried loading the wire on 80 but no one
could hear me there.  There will be a more effective attic antenna by the next
storm.