[3830] NCQP N1CC SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 28 19:25:48 EST 2016

North Carolina QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): N1CC

   80:    5      0      0
   40:   16      6      0
   20:   29     84      2
----------------------------
Total:   50     90      2  Mults = 58  Total Score = 20,054

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K3/100 at 100W to F12 C3 @64', 80/40 Fan Dipole EW at 50'.
WriteLog V11.28J with out-of-date support for this contest. Score reflect the
maximum bonus points of 450 added to the contact total.

Quiet conditions, however, still not "great" ... I had good 20M, fair
40M and marginal 80M.  Not a peep on 15 or 10.  Majority of the contacts were
made on 20 SSB, and 60% of the time I ran out of NC stations calling CQ and
found that running my own CQ's was productive.

I ran QRP in the SCQP 6 hours got 55 contacts, Low Power in NCQP the same
amount of time made 142 contacts ... more on 80/40 than possible with QRP -
only due to congestion and noise.  This was a 3-fer weekend with another 252
contacts in the CQ 160 Phone contest in 7 hours.  So a "20-Hour"
effort yielded 439 contacts - not a great overall rate, however, I did get a
good workout!

I think the concept of SC+NC weekend will work, however, it might take a year
or two to catch on.  Both days saw some Jamming taking place on the QSO Party
effort, more Sunday on NC.

OK!  On to the next one, see NC+SC next year!