[3830] CQ160 SSB W3TS Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Feb 28 19:51:25 EST 2016

CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W3TS
Operator(s): W3TS
Station: W3TS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PA FN10ml

Total:  QSOs = 806  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 27  Total Score = 168,168

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

High local power line noise (from an LED grow light power supply?)that I have
not found yet made for poor copying to the WEST.

Poorly designed switching power supplies are going to kill our great hobby and
LF, MF anf HF listening. It is not fun to have to constantly go looking for
new
cheap junk that causes large amounts of radio noise and try to work with the
owners of this junk to have them understand that they need to shut it down or
get it fixed.

Rig: Ten-Tec Orion at 5 watts. TX Ant: 60 foot high 80M/40M fan dipole used as
an 1/8 wave Tee over 70 x 70 foot long radials. RX Ants: 300 foot NE/SW short
beverage and 300 foot SE/NW beverage and a NE and NW Flag. Plus 2 homebrew
noise nullers. The best I can do on a 150 x 200 foot town lot with the help of
understanding neighbors. Logger: N1MM