[3830] CQ160 SSB K1HTV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 29 06:38:33 EST 2016

CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K1HTV
Operator(s): K1HTV
Station: K1HTV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Virginia

Total:  QSOs = 480  State/Prov = 48  Countries = 28  Total Score = 92,416

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Rig : K3
Antennas : Shunt fed, house-bracketed 75 ft Rohn #25 tower
           N-S, E-W and NE-SW bi-directional Beverages
Soapbox : Wasn't planning to put it the 15 hours that I did, but was having too
much fun to quit. Stayed on the first night until European sunrise making 350
Q's. Worked 25 DX countries the first night under very quiet Topband
conditions. After 3+ hours of sleep, got on before dawn hoping to work some
West Coast and Pacific DX but didn't work past Texas. Didn't get back on until
about 2 hours after local Saturday sunset, again under very low QRN conditions.
In two hours of operating, added another 75 Q's and two more mults, OK & ES.
Woke up for an hour od European Sunday sunrise, adding GM & GW mults. Got on
again just before church for another 45 minutes but didn't work anyone west of
TN. Added a few Q's in the last hour to bring the final score over the 90K
mark, a score much higher than I had expected for 100W in a CW 160 SSB
contest.

DX worked included:
6Y,C6,CU,CT,DL,EA,EA8,EI,ES,FG,GM,GW,HA,HI,HK,IH9,KP2,KP4,OK,PA,PJ4,S5,TI,V3,VP9,XE,YV,ZF

73,
Rich - K1HTV