[3830] CQ160 SSB XE2X Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Feb 29 16:44:11 EST 2016

CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: XE2X
Operator(s): XE2X
Station: XE2X

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 783  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 38  Total Score = 387,996

HI friends
I want to express my gratitude to all the YL & OM who call me  and they
made it possible  to complete the QSO,  this is my first time doing the CQ  WW
160 SSB mode,  to be honest  I thought it would be easier, but it was not.
Accustomed   more to CW  was a real challenge,  fighting splatters from others
station near my frequency, QSB  and  digging to catch those  very light station
calling.
Related to the propagation, Friday  allow  to log  some stations from EU, but
Saturday was much better, allowing bigger signals and more stations from EU,
some of those very loud  and no problem passing over the splatters,  Many
stations calling me from EU did not make it in my log due to the difficulty to
copy  and the pile ups in some moments from many stations,  related to this I
want to thank all those who calling me and calling me  repeating the call
fighting the noise to make possible the QSO and many a new multiplier to keep
me interested in this ugly and noisy conditions, many times think to quit but
this little “lights” keep me in the chair.

I want to salute all XE that calling me giving the opportunity to first time
have a phone QSO , Muchas gracias.

At the moment  have no plans to repeat the 160m  Phone “ torture” as SO,
but  I will look seriously  a Multi-Op to have the chance to  rest my voice,
this time I return home  coughing very hard and with a very bad bruised throat,
 thanks to the voice Keyer I’m able to talk, that was the nasty side,  the
excellent  news was that accessing my  LoTW account  to load  my log, receiving
a big surprise  finally  the country #100 in 160m  QSL, seconds later I made my
application and was accepted today making my day.