[3830] RTTY Roundup AL9A SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 3 19:28:04 EST 2016

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 11:48

Total:  473  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 17  Total Score = 31,691

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Tough sledding all weekend with the persistent G-1 and G-2 geomagnetic storm
conditions. Great for Aurora viewing, lousy for propagation! Without any
openings into EU adding to the score quickly becomes a grind. I finally gave up
a couple of hours early as the bands seemed to be going south again and constant
CQs resulted in few contacts.

The most surprising thing was 80M on Sat. night. My mighty ground mounted
vertical resulted in many log entries on the first call! Go figure! The
Mississippi River seemed to be the limit though as the furthest contact east
was IL. Apologies to all still needing AK on 80M!