[3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 3 22:00:46 EST 2016

                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: il

Total:  605  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 46  Total Score = 62,315

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Made a personal best this year by exceeding last years score by 10K, with 85
more Q's and only two more mults than last year. Big difference was the lack of
help from 10m this year. Only 6 DX and no new section mults on 10. 15m was my
money band for combined DZ and section mults, with 20m not to far behind. 80m
was a lot of fun after dinner Saturday night. Got spotted a few times while
calling CQ and and had some good bursts of action. Really helped a lot to get
into an automatic groove with N1MM and keyboarding!
Went to bed by 1:30am Sunday for a few hours sleep. Got back on around 6:30am
local, and 20 was just starting to wake up. Signals from EU were watery and
fluttery, which made it difficult for stations on the other end to copy my
signal. Had to repeat many times. By about 8:30am, 20 was solid to EU and 15
was beginning to rock (for me!). By mid morning things slowed down for me quite
a bit as I was now focusing on finding more mults and finishing WAS. My last
state was ME, and I had not seen one spotted the whole contest. I really
thought I would have been able to work the whole east coast on 40 and 80 the
night before, but no ME. I finally saw a post on 20m for WW1ME, I was on 15, so
typed in his freq and there he was. Waited in line for a couple of stronger
stations to work him, and was third one to work him. "WAS" done, now
to find more DX mults! I found myself now spending to much time searching and
waiting in line for new mults. Particularly OX5T on 15 and a TI on 10m. Was
able to finally get OX5T in the log, but 10m did its fade on me after too much
time spent, and no joy for the TI.
I should have just stuck it out up high on 15m the hour or so I was able to
operate, and just call CQ.
Lots of fun as always.

73 Gene N9TF

Operating conditions: K3S 100 watts to a 2 element triband at 37' and a 80mOCF
dipole at 35'. N1MM+/MMTTY.