[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jan 7 23:31:26 EST 2016

                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - Jan 8

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   0     0
   80:   9     4
   40:  11     5
Total:  20     9  Total Score = 180

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Being fired up by RTTY RU this last weekend I decided it was time to try RTTY NS
again.  Recalling past history, I've ditched RTTY NS because the transition from
RTTY to CW causes the WinKey unit to be unresponsive at some random time in the
subsequent NS CW.  Tonight it failed on the first NSL QSO.

After RTTY NS, I made very certain the WinKey was still working through the
5-min QSO with DanWa on 20m.   On the very first official NSL QSO it failed so
send F key messages, and then the CAT connection dropped out much later when
qsying to 80m.  This has problem previously and is the reason for my avoiding
the RTTY NS.  Just not sure where to go with this. .  RTTY worked fine  the
weekend in RTTY RU with over 400 Q's logged in a very part time effort. (Home
build FSK I/F with MMTTY in WL, late version).  The only non-standard thing
that occurs to me is the failure to have %E at the end of the message, so
terminating with ESC.  Just forgot to modify the F-key messages from their NS
content.  Any of you experts have another thought?  Much later in the NSL the
CAT I/F to the FT-1000Mk-V dropped out as well, so at the transition from 40m
to 80 m Q's continued to be listed as 40m.  Probably won't do RTTY NS until
this issue is reolved.

73 Bill n6zfo