[3830] NAQP CW K8TE Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 10 01:10:50 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K8TE
Operator(s): K8TE
Station: K8TE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Rio Rancho NM

  160:    1     1
Total:  638   141  Total Score = 89,958

Club: Albuquerque DX Assn

Team:

Comments:

Well that was fun!  I missed my 700 QSO target and ran overtime when my big
clock's battery choked.  I need tofind a way to manage my time better when I
can (on occasion) put the full time to use.  I'll split my log after 10 hours
and send the overtime QSO's as a check log.

Using LCWO.net, even the little I have, has paid off.  I wasn't afraid to call
CQ at 28 wpm although I often dropped lower.

I was impressed with the "ears" other stations have on  80.  I know
my signal isn't  much with my rather inferior antenna there.  I should have
spent more time on 80 (within bounds) and 160 to earn more multipliers.  That
won't be as much fun in August!

I ran the first three hours at 20 Watts!  For some reason the setting I use to
drive the KPA500 was also in use for barefoot operations.  I wonder what my
rates would have been with 100 Watts?  Note to self--change the P3 Transmit
Monitor from 500 to 100 Watts when appropriate.

Now it's time to get ready for NAQP--SSB.  73 from NM, Bill, K8TE