[3830] NAQP CW WO7V Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 10 01:57:29 EST 2016

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WO7V
Operator(s): WO7V
Station: WO7V

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: or

Total:  107    53  Total Score = 5,671

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Our good friend Bill Vanderheide N7OU became a silent key recently.  Bill was an
avid contester, DXer and was involved in several DXepditions. He was a big CW
guy and usually ran low power.  He will be missed.  I worked him numerous times
when he was in the Cooks using the callsign E51NOU.  As a tribute the club
decided to honor him this weekend by using "Bill" in the exchange in
the NAQP Cw contest.  I had a little time to operate and ended up with a few
Qs.  Conditions were generally pretty good.  I spent most of the time on 20m.
Running low power without dealing with an amplifier was actually kind of nice.
Looking forward to the next NAQP.  There is something to be said for these short
12 hour contests!